Property Damage

Below are some questions to consider when assessing vehicle property damage: 

Did the car accident cause damage to your vehicle?

Was the car accident caused by someone else?

Are you having difficulty recovering the costs of repairing your vehicle from an insurer or the person at fault for the accident?

There are a number of avenues available to you should you find yourself in this situation. Crew Legal can help you. Call us now for an obligation and cost free appointment to discuss your rights. 

Tell us your story.

How can Crew Legal help?

Crew Legal pride ourselves on providing quality advice at the right price. We will ensure that you receive the best advice for your situation and are committed to ensuring that everybody has access to that advice.

We provide a first consultation completely free and with no obligation. If the claim is undertaken, we will proceed with such claims on a ‘No Win/No Fee’ basis.



There is a time limit to bringing a litigation proceeding for property damage in Queensland. That limitation period is a period of 6 years from the date on which the accident occurred. You must have filed a Court proceeding within 6 years of the date of the accident or your rights may be extinguished.


The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) has jurisdiction to hear property damage matters arising from car accidents where the loss suffered is in an amount of $25,000.00 or less.

There are many advantages to having your property damage dispute heard in QCAT if possible. Such advantages include:

  • Cost – as QCAT is a “no lawyer” jurisdiction, it is a low cost option for a dispute to be determined without the cost and risk of costs orders associated with traditional Court proceedings.
  • Time – the QCAT process is likely to be completed within a period of 3 – 4 months. That is a substantially shorter period than a traditional proceeding within the Magistrates, District or Supreme Court.
  • Binding Order – should the matter not resolve prior to a formal hearing, and the dispute is heard by QCAT and an order made by the Tribunal, that order is a binding order with the same effect and ability to enforce as a order of a traditional Court.

We want to hear your story.
Book your FREE consultation with us today »